Monday, March 1, 2010

A Day in the Life....

of us!

For my first Monday Map, I am cheating. I thought it might be fun to show you what a day in our life is like.

My day starts at 6:45 when J wakes up. He climbs in bed and pretends to go back to sleep. Usually this means a bit of thrashing about, lots of talking, and questions about watching TV. On this particular day he fills me in on a bizarre story:

"I forgot to get a Barbie for Emmy. I just needed to get one, but I forgot. And Emmy really likes Barbies. Plus, Buzz Lightyear Big is not here. Just Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, and the Zurg. But not Buzz Lightyear Big. He's just not anywhere. Do you know who I am, mommy? I am Buzz Lightyear. Then I'm Jamers. But really, I'm just Buzz Lightyear"

This is all said within about 1.2 seconds, with no breaks in between, making it really hard to keep up. And where did he learn about Barbies??

We get dressed and go downstairs for some breakfast. Since it's a school day he won't eat much. He gets too excited to go to school. But on a normal day, he loooooooves breakfast.


8:40 and it's time to wake Buggy. I hate this part, and here's why....


It's a cold day, so I bundle them up and load them into the car.


Time for carpool.


By 9:07 I am out of the carpool line on my way home. I feed the Bugster, eat my own breakfast, and we play.


At 10:30 Buggy takes a nap, while I work a bit. He wakes around 11:40 and it's time to go get J from school.


We get home about 12:15. On the drive home, J fills me in on his day. Apparently someone threw a block at him. Then it's time for lunch (yes, that's a pickle with a PB&J...my kid likes strange things).


Followed closely by naps.


I work while they nap. This is followed by an impromptu grocery run, as I've found a recipe online I want to make for dinner. Yes, we've just been to the grocery store the night before. But I am so not good at thinking ahead. I'm pretty sure we single handedly keep this particular location open. No adorable pictures of the 2 of them in the shopping cart because, well, I have enough trouble keeping track of my purse. So instead you get a boring picture of the grocery store.


I would like to take a moment to gush about my love for my van. I am able to fit sooooo much in there. And the kids are nice and cozy!


Daddy gets home and J has a snack (he mostly never eats dinner), while mommy reads the internet recipe and cooks dinner.


The boys all play in the dark (?) office. I'm pretty sure it involved the use of a flashlight and lots of yelling and running around.


Then it's that blessed time of night.....bedtime!

And that's a typical day! Sometimes more exciting, and surprisingly sometimes less.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love learning the daily schedules of other moms...especially those with 2+ kids! It comforts me to know that it *can* work out okay, fitting the baby into the toddler's pre-existing schedule. :)

Cat said...

this was so fun! I'll have to this one day too, though my days are much more boring. Like today, T and I vacuumed the house; me with the real vacuum and he with the ball popper that I took the batteries out of because for pete's sake it's loud enough on it's own, why does it need to make music and yell random numbers at me?! fun times huh?