Monday, October 26, 2009

Snuggles

I've always wondered how people have pictures of their children sleeping together. I mean, the whole thing just sounds made up. Children sleeping?? Together? Surely this is a hoax. Or perhaps they are bribing their children with chocolate ice cream and presents, in order to stage this type of photo.

Sleeping pictures are my favorites. Maybe it's because that's about the only time the little demons seem sweet. But I had pretty much given up on that coveted picture of my kids sleeping together. If you've met my kids, you'll understand.

Both of them are pretty sure that sleeping is over-rated.

Which is why last week, when J climbed into our bed at 6:30 am, I was pretty certain I was doomed to a day filled with grumpy, over-tired kids. O was nursing and somehow managed to sleep through the noisy, elaborate show that is J climbing into our bed. It involves lots of toy arranging and lots of banging around, as J will not allow you to help him. I gave J the "don't you dare make a sound or else" look and closed my eyes, pretending I was asleep.

And then, something happened. I fell asleep. Sound asleep. I woke with a start and groggily looked at the clock, which read 8:19 am. Seriously?! A quick look around revealed my boys......ASLEEP!

Overcome with shock, I sat there staring at them. It happened to be a school day. And a school day meant the thing I hate the most. I had to wake them. But not before I got my much desired picture.

No comments: