Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nothing says October like too much orange

For our first trip as a family of 4 to the pumpkin patch, I had grand visions of catching that elusive family photo. I dressed the boys carefully, matching in fall colors. I bathed the baby ahead of time, in order to reduce his sensitive skin.

In my efforts to get them ready, I neglected to allot time for myself. Scratch that. Move onto Plan B: elusive photo of the boys together. For someone who snaps probably 20 photos a day, you would think I have more pictures of them together. But no. One or the other is typically not cooperative (attention J, I mean you).

So we trekked to the pumpkin patch. Quickly I could tell that everything was going downhill. O was overtired. Lovely. He fell asleep on the bumpy hayride out to the pumpkins.


We managed to get some really awesome pictures of J by pretending different animals were sitting on the top of Matt's head. This usually generates .02 seconds of laughter, so I have to be quick. Miraculously it worked.



Then O woke up and a photo op didn't seem so daunting after all. Perhaps it would make a cute Christmas card (and yes Matt, you can have pumpkins in a Christmas card. People put beach pictures in Christmas cards, so what's wrong with pumpkins??) But we had a pretty uncooperative baby. And one other problem....wow, that's a lot of orange!!


1 comment:

The Hills said...

Orange is a great color! And your boys are too cute.