Wednesday, January 26, 2011

actor in the making

One of my favorite childhood memories is putting on "plays" for my parents. I use that term loosely, as I was mostly a child dictator demanding that they pay attention to me, and treating my siblings like servants. So I was delighted to be on the opposite end of the spectrum for the FIRST time today.

Yes, my 4 year old has finally come to the realization that he can monopolize our time by promising great theatrical entertainment. His show started with "ladies and gentlemen, you may come in." And consisted of jumping, twirling, rolling, and posing in gymnastics-like fashion. Oddly, there were alligators ready to eat his feet if he jumped off the chair.

Me: Wow, you'll have to be quick to get away from that many alligators!

J (giving me a nasty look for interrupting his theatrical debut): I am using my FANCY feet. They always get past the alligators.

No comments: