Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I love this day. I love love. I love roses, daisies, hearts, pink, candy, sweets, romance, poems....well, I love it all. I know there are Valentine's day naysayers. And while I agree that love should be celebrated every day, I think there's just something wonderful about the over-the-top, mushy stuff that is February 14th. Whether it's romantic love, familial love, or friendly love, I think this day is so special.

I want my boys to grow up loving this day as well. So, I started the day off special. I put them in their special Valentine's shirts.

Man of your dreams



Loads of Love

I decorated, and left a vase of goodies just for them.





For school, J brought Valentines for his classmates. He also had a mail truck to collect his Valentines from his classmates.


After J's school day, they got to eat their goodies. And boy, did that go over well!





I took them to the park. They always love the park. It's a special treat any time it happens. (phone images....sorry for size!)





And for dinner, I planned a love-themed menu. Red strawberries, pink-dye hard boiled eggs with hearts drawn on them, and pink-dye pancakes in heart shapes.



Then we snuggled in bed and read several stories about love and family. All in all, a great day. And I hope they end up loving Valentine's day as much as I do.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

How cute is that dinner?! That is so creative, I love it. I was actually just thinking tonight about making green pancakes for St. Patty's Day dinner. Love the cookie sticks, too, the boys look so excited!